Health and Wellness Initiative
BCLC’s Health and Wellness initiative helps companies address health and wellness issues in both the workplace and the community, while also showcasing the solutions they are generating.
- Childhood obesity
- Nutrition and fitness initiatives
- Employee health and wellness programs
- Medical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology innovations and breakthroughs
- Public wellness campaigns
BCLC works closely with the Office of the First Lady’s Let’s Move! initiative and private sector partnership offices at the Center for Disease Control. BCLC hosts events and showcases impactful programs and partnerships throughout the year. BCLC hosts quarterly meetings and generates significant online content through BCLC’s Web properties. The staff helps companies troubleshoot particular cases affecting public health and wellness with national ramifications.
Why support the Health and Wellness initiative?
- Network and share best practices with peers.
- Stakeholder cooperation helping to organize the health and wellness field
- Build awareness around local and national programs
- Develop partnerships across sectors
- Quarterly Meetings: Be part of a working group only meetings around specific health and wellness issues with invited guest speakers
- Annual In Person Meeting: Attend the National Conference to learn from peers in the industry around U.S. corporate citizenship programs
- Communications Contributor: Provide editorial contributions in the shape of articles for published reports or blog posts for the website
- Ongoing Engagement: Join the BCLC network and receive regular updates from practitioners and thought leaders.
Abbot Laboratories, Accenture, AFLAC, , Amway, ARAMARK corporation, Booz Allen Hamilton, Campbell Soup Company, Cargill, Cigna, DSM, General Mills Inc, GlaxoSmithKline, HCA Inc., Health Care Services Corporation, HPCareer.Net, Kraft, Martiz, Merck & Co. Inc., MGM International, Motorola Mobility, UnitedHealth Group, Inc. If you would like information on joining the call contact Hanna Felleke.
- BCLC Health and Wellness Working Group Meeting - January 18, Washington DC (For working group members only)
- A Heavy Burden: How Much Does Obesity Cost Employers
Compliance and Safety
- The National Association for Sport and Physical Education and the American Heart Association have released their 2012 Shape of the Nation Report: Status of Physical Education in the USA
December 6, 2012 Dialogue4Health Worksite Wellness Webinar titled: Workplace WellnessA Discussion of New Findings and Efforts to Advance Healthier Communities- Materials from the webinar including a recording and speaker power point presentations can be found at: http://www.dialogue4health.org/hcr/12_6_12.html.
2012 National Wellness Survey Summary: The States of Wellness is a national survey research project exploring the experiences, attitudes and opinions of human resource professionals regarding worksite wellness. Included in the project is a nationwide online survey of human resource executives and separate regional polls in six states and can be found at.http://statesofwellness.healthiermn.com/. This effort was led by the Alliance for a Healthier Minnesota with the Society for Human Resource Management. The questionnaire and analysis were prepared by Public Opinion Strategies.
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Issue Brief: How Can Wellness Programs Save Employers Money While Making Employees Healthier and More Productive?