Your Peers Have Won This Award – Why You Should Apply, Too
As we recently described in a Huffington Post piece titled “A Movement to Reward Social Problem Solvers," the Chamber BCLC’s annual Corporate Citizenship Awards are all about recognizing business solutions that make a difference.
For 13 years, the “Citizens” Awards have illuminated the business sector’s unrivaled aptitude for creating and sustaining societal-benefit systems for people, communities, and the environment. Dozens of industry leaders, including Abbott, Best Buy, Cargill, Chevron, Deloitte, Kraft, Microsoft, Navistar, UPS, Wegmans, and others, have gained national attention for their good work.
We’re in the midst of nomination season for the 2012 Citizens Awards. Consider your company or chamber – and all of your business partners – and see if you can answer “yes” to these questions:
1. Has your business or chamber innovated to achieve social, community, and/or environmentalprogress through a specific strategic initiative in 2011 or 2012? (work in the United States and developing countries is eligible)
2. Does your business work in partnership with a specific non-profit organization to make a difference on an important social challenge? Have you worked together in 2011 or 2012?
3. Does your company operate ethically, engage stakeholders in decision-making, support issues or cause that matter to your employees and communities, and reduce your negative impact on your external environment?
4. Are you a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce?
5. If none of these questions apply to you, do you know of a business, chamber, or trade association that fits the criteria?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, the U.S. Chamber BCLC invites your application for the 2012 Corporate Citizenship Awards. Finalist stories from 2011 are available on You Tube – check them out for inspiration!
Applying for a Citizens Award is free, and companies/chambers may nominate themselves or be nominated by an outside party. Don’t let the May 31 deadline pass you by! Late nominations cannot be accepted.